5 random facts about me
i was tagged by theunderestimator and here are 5 totally random things about me.
1) i once did a 2 week road trip with my cousin and the only tapes we had were ramones anthology, use your illusion 1&2, automatic for the people and bat out of hell 2
2) i have…
Oh ha, was saving this for a Friday arvo booze o’clock post so here we go. Five random facts about me:
1. Before my final year in high school spent 6 weeks in the US with a friend, considering university there. We drove from Orange County to Houston over a weekend, 30 hours out of 48 behind the wheel. Was in a mid-80s Mustang and the speedo stopped at 85 mph, we clocked our speed on the desert straights by timing the odometer.
2. In 1992 I’d finished Uni in Dunedin and I spent the winter (and then some) unemployed and learning how to ice skate and play ice hockey. I played for 4 years then left after the ‘95 season.
3. For the 10 (actually 12 now I think about it) years after I graduated I was in gainful employment less than 50% of the time. Not through choice usually. I did quit a few though.
4. I fell in love with my wife first time I saw her. She is skeptical of this claimed fact since I was such a difficult prick for about the first 5 years she knew me, most of which we were barely talking to each other. But I distinctly remember going away for a couple of weeks the day after we met, and on that trip my buddy told me I’d never be happy - but I countered by saying I’d met a girl I like to marry. And less than 10 years later we did.
5. I like shovelling and spadework. But burying sheep is confrontational and challenging on many levels. Not least of all once the hole gets deeper than your knees. Nothing worse than a shallow grave though.
I was tagged by realindevelopment, and in the spirit of these dangfangled chain posts am tagging in return adpro, grabs, clairhuxtableknowshershit, deanminifie, maybehunterpryor.